By using this Mobile App/Site (the “Site”) to generate a donation receipt, you confirm that you have donated to Goodwill of Greater Washington (“GGW”) all of the items that you list in the donation receipt. Use of this Site to generate a donation receipt for items you did not donate to GGW is not permitted and may constitute tax fraud punishable by civil or criminal penalties.
The default values for donated items that are provided in the Site are estimated resale values for items in good used condition. The donor is ultimately responsible for determining the value of his/her donation. GGW may not establish or confirm value, amount or inventory of donated goods. Donors should consult with their tax preparers about requirements for donation tax deductions.
All materials contained on this Site are Copyright ©2015 Goodwill of Greater Washington (GGW) or are licensed or otherwise published by GGW with the permission of the owner of the material. All rights in such materials are reserved to the respective owners.
The materials posted on this site may be retrieved and downloaded solely for not-for-profit or educational purposes (“Authorized Uses”), provided that such Authorized Uses do not include posting, publication, transmission, or dissemination of such materials in digital or electronic form by means of the World Wide Web, e-mail, online services or any other medium now existing or hereafter developed, or the making of more than thirty (30) printed copies.
No materials contained on this Site may otherwise be copied, modified, published, broadcast, or otherwise distributed without the prior written permission of GGW. Any reproduction permitted under this User Agreement must contain the following notice: “Copyright ©2015 Goodwill of Greater Washington. All rights reserved.”
The information contained on this web site, or any other web site owned, operated, licensed, or controlled by GGW, as well as the design and layout of such web sites, contains elements protected by trade dress, copyright, or other laws, and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part. No text, logo, graphic, sound, or image from this web site may be copied, except in connection with the Authorized Uses described above, or retransmitted without the express written permission of GGW.
In exchange for your agreement to the terms and conditions herein, we are granting you a limited, nonexclusive, revocable license for you to view, share, print or download material from the GGW Site for your personal, non-for-profit or educational purposes (“Authorized Uses”). You are expressly not granted the right to license, distribute, assign, sublicense, transfer, sell, prepare derivative works of or utilize any materials found on the GGW Site for commercial purposes. You may not access or use the GGW Site in any way that could or is intended to damage or impair the GGW Site, or any server or network underlying the GGW Site, or interfere with anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the Site. You are also granted a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the Site and any content on the Site so long as the link does not portray GGW, or its products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive manner or imply a sponsorship or endorsement of your site, page or content by GGW.
Acceptable Uses of the Site
You may not engage in, encourage, promote, facilitate, instruct or encourage others to engage in any of the following activities:
- in whole or in part, copy, photocopy, reproduce, translate, modify, adapt, create derivative works based on, or reverse engineer, derive source code from, disassemble, decompile, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of, the Site, except to the extent required by applicable law;
- remove, obscure, or alter any copyright, trademark, logo, or other proprietary notices in or on the Site;
- intercept, “mine,” extract data from, or otherwise collect information from or through the Site, including without limitation by using any software, robot, scraper, or other data mining technology, unless authorized in writing by GGW in its sole discretion;
- sell, rent, lease, sublicense, assign, transfer, or grant a security interest in your rights in the Site, or authorize all or any portion of the Site to be copied onto another user’s computer except as permitted hereunder;
- intercept, emulate, or redirect the communication protocols used by the Site in any way, for any purpose, or engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Site or GGW’ or its vendors’ servers or other infrastructure;
- facilitate, create, or maintain any unauthorized connection to the Site, including without limitation: (a) any connection to any unauthorized server that emulates, or attempts to emulate, GGW’s or its vendors’ servers; and (b) any connection using programs or tools not approved by GGW in its sole discretion;
- frame, mask, extract data from, copy or distribute the Site’s content or proprietary materials, including without limitation by using any robot, scraper, or other data mining technology;
- upload or transmit to the Site or any servers, computer or networks connected to or accessible via the Site, or use any device, software or routine that contains any malicious code, virus, Trojan horses, worm, time bombs, or other computer programming routines that may interfere, or attempt to interfere with, the normal operation of Site or any servers, computer or networks connected to or accessible via the Site;
- corrupt, damage, steal, or access or use without authorization, any information stored, processed or transmitted by the Site or any servers, computer or networks connected to or accessible via the Site; or
- use the Site for illegal purposes or to violate any laws, regulations or legal orders, or to engage in any fraudulent, unfair or deceptive practices or activities.
GGW MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS WEB SITE OR ANY LINKED SITE FOR ANY PURPOSE. ALL SUCH INFORMATION IS PROVIDED “AS IS.”
GGW MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND THAT THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY THIS WEB SITE OR ANY LINKED SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR FREE, OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER THAT HOSTS THE SITE ARE FREE FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER FORMS OF HARMFUL COMPUTER CODE.
IN NO EVENT SHALL GGW, ITS EMPLOYEES, ITS AGENTS, OR ANYONE ELSE WHO HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION, OR DELIVERY OF THESE PAGES, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE OR ANY LINKED SITE.
Links to external web sites do not imply an endorsement of the materials disseminated at those web sites, nor does the existence of a link to another site imply that the organization or person publishing at that site endorses any of the materials at this site. Links to other web sites are provided by GGW as a convenience to its users. GGW is not responsible for the materials contained at any web site linked to this site.
GGW also reserves the right to investigate suspected violations of this Agreement or any unlawful, fraudulent or suspicious activity, and any such violation or activity may be referred to law enforcement authorities.
This Agreement is effective until terminated. You may end this legal agreement with GGW at any time for any reason by discontinuing your use of the Site and GGW’s services. GGW may terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason, with or without notice to you. Upon termination for any reason, the license granted to you in Section 1 will immediately terminate. Excluding any grant of rights by You to GGW, the provisions of this Agreement will survive any termination.
Web Accessibility Policy
GGW seeks to keep its Site accessible to all visitors. The standards we currently implement in this area are detailed in our Web Accessibility Policy.
Our General Policy
Goodwill of Greater Washington (Goodwill) recognizes the importance of protecting information we may collect from visitors to our site. We maintain appropriate security measures to keep information we acquire from visitors to our sites private. Your browser, however, does automatically tell us the type of computer and operating system you are using.
Users can visit the site without revealing any information about themselves. If one chooses to give us personal information via the Internet for the purposes of correspondence, then it is our intent to let you know how we will use such information.
We do keep track of the domains from which people visit us. We analyze this data for trends and statistics. We do not share information web users provide with third parties for commercial purposes.
Goodwill takes precautions to keep the user information disclosed to us secure. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Goodwill’s Use of Your Information
It is the policy of Goodwill to keep the information provided by users of the Site confidential. Goodwill promises that it will not sell your information to anyone else and will only share your information with businesses that host the Site and data entered by users of the Site. Goodwill may send you e-mails inviting you to learn more about Goodwill’s mission and how you can support it and email offers from other corporate partners. By using the Site, you authorize Goodwill to send you periodic e-mails.
Cookies were originally designed to help a web site distinguish a user’s browser as a previous visitor and thus save and remember any preferences that may have been set while the user was browsing the site. If you are just browsing www.dcgoodwill.org, a cookie identifies only your browser but you do not have to accept the cookie to continue browsing the site. It is possible to set your browser to inform you when a cookie is being placed – then you have the opportunity to decide whether to accept the cookie.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
We do not knowingly collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. If you become aware that your child under the age of 13 years old has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
Links to Other Sites
Our site may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These other websites may operate independently from Goodwill. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by Goodwill, we are not responsible for the sites’ content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices of the sites.
If you do not agree with the terms of this Privacy Statement, you may not use the site. Goodwill reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time without notice.
Questions About Our Policies
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you can contact us.