This summer has not only been full of sun, fun, and cool events; the Marketing department is proud to announce that it has been brimming with donations as well! The van has been packed until overflowing each month this summer, and we have no one to thank but our amazing community partners for their dedication.
- June started off strong with a community drive partnership with Geico which yielded 2,660 lbs of apparel, furniture, and other home goods.
- We received over 1,900 lbs of like-new and antique furniture thanks to our annual partnership with Virginia Square Condominium on June 15th.
- Our two-week-long donation drive with World Bank brought in 1,216 lbs men’s and women’s apparel and gently used blankets between July 1st and July 15th.
- August started strong with a hefty donation of suits from Offender Aid and Restoration (OAR), which yielded 6,600 lbs of donated men’s business attire and sportswear.
- Thanks to our renewed partnership with Optoro, we received 1,064 lbs of apparel leftover at the end of the Summer Swap Shop event on August 9th
We thank each of our partners again for hosting a donation drive to benefit our mission! In less than 3 months, we’ve collected over 13,000 lbs of apparel, home goods, and furniture! Once sold in our stores, these items will help provide 419 hours of free job training to individuals in our community who face barriers in obtaining employment.
We thank each of them for helping to transform our community through education, workforce training, and employment! Also, by organizing their donation drives they have helped to recycle textiles by keeping them out of area landfills!