Goodwill of Greater Washington’s Unarmed Security & Protective Services Job Training Program provides you with the
skills needed to find an entry-level job in security. This extensive program offers:
Classes by Security Professionals
Industry Recognized Certifications
1-on-1 Job Placement Assistance
- Thursday, July 25, 2019 | STATUS: OPEN
Program Location: Iverson Mall, 3731 Branch Avenue, Temple Hills, MD. Use entrance on side, next to Bank of America.
- Tuesday, October 4, 2019 | STATUS: OPEN
Program Location: Goodwill of Greater Washington, 2200 South Dakota Ave., NE, Washington, DC 20018
Class hours are Monday through Friday, 9 AM-2 PM. Some days end at 5 PM.
COST: Tuition will be waived for enrolled students thanks to the generous contributions from individual, foundation, corporate and government funders (Security Tuition Value: $6,287.00).
- District of Columbia Special Police Office (SPO)
- Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) Unarmed Security Officer
- Aerosol Weapons
- Baton, Handcuffing, First Aid, AED, & CPR
- Guaranteed Job Interview
- Personalized Resume
- Job Interview Preparation
- Career Coaching & Support
All program applicants must be 18 years of age, hold a high school diploma/GED, be legally eligible to work in the U.S., and speak English fluently. View all Security
Register for the mandatory program Information Session.
Arrive promptly and dress to impress. Bring required documents and allow for three hours to learn about the program, complete paperwork, and an interview.
If accepted, take a drug and background screening. Must pass to be eligible for the program.
Instructions: Please complete the form below so you can attend the required information session on the job training of your choice. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and a resident of either Virginia, Maryland or the District of Columbia. When selecting a date from the calendar for the information session, only the dates in BOLD are available.
Job Training Information Session Form
Top 2018 Hiring Partners
- Code Black Security and Protection Division
- US Security Associates National Museum of Women in the Arts
- US National Intelligence Agency
- Metro One Security
- Allied Universal
- Metro One Security
- Capital City Protective Services