Goodwill of Greater Washington’s Hospitality job training program will prepare you for work in entry-level hospitality jobs in the greater Washington, DC area. At no cost to you, this program offers:
Classes taught by Hospitality Professionals
Industry Recognized Credentials
1-on-1 Job Placement Assistance
- Front Desk Reception
- Guest Service Gold
- 1:1 Job Placement Assistance
- Personalized Resume
- Job Interview Preparation
- Career Coaching & Support
- Classes Led By Hospitality Industry Professionals
- STARTS 2/3/2020; ENDS 3/12/2020 | STATUS: UNAVAILABLE
Program Location: Uline Arena: 1140 3rd Street NE, Suite 350, Washington, DC 20002. Map & Directions
- STARTS 5/27/2020; ENDS 7/1/2020 | STATUS: AVAILABLE
Program Location: Iverson Mall: 3731 Branch Avenue, Temple Hills, MD 20748. Map & Directions
We are grateful for your interest in our job training program. Due to the situation with COVID-19 our administrative offices are currently closed and staff are working remotely; however, this class remains open for registration. We will continue to monitor events and you will be notified immediately if an alternative decision is made.
Class hours are Monday through Friday, 9 AM-2 PM. Some days end at 5 PM.
Register for the mandatory program Information Session.
Arrive promptly and dress to impress. Bring required documents and allow for three hours to learn about the program, complete paperwork, and an interview.
If accepted, take a drug and background screening. Must pass to be eligible for the program.
All program applicants must be 18 years of age, hold a high school diploma/GED, be legally eligible to work in the U.S., and speak English fluently. View all Hospitality Program Requirements
Instructions: Please complete the form below so you can attend the required information session on the job training of your choice. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and a resident of either Virginia, Maryland or the District of Columbia. When selecting a date from the calendar for the information session, only the dates in BOLD are available.
Job Training Information Session Form
What Kind of Jobs Can I Train for?
- Concierge– individual in charge of the entrance of a building/hotel or part of the hotel staff responsible for arranging special services for guests.
- Valet– responsible for attending to and parking cars for guests.
- Banquet Server– includes setting tables and buffet areas for service. Accommodates guests and is responsible for replenishing buffet food, refilling beverages, removing dirty dishes from tables.
- Food Prep/Cook– assists in preparation of meals, and controls quality and consistency of food served, ensures all supplies necessary for service are in appropriate supply before service.
- Bartender/Server– will be responsible for serving patrons at our front bar and fulfilling drink orders for the dining room, monitoring the cash drawer at the bar and performing alcohol inventories at the end of each night to help in maintaining proper inventory levels.
- Front Office Receptionist– usually the first point of contact for anyone calling or visiting a business. They’re typically responsible for answering the phone, directing calls and greeting guests and may perform some administrative work, such as maintaining files or spreadsheets.
- Hostess– entails welcoming and greeting guests as they walk into the hotel facility, and checking-in the guests to their respective rooms.
Program Funding & Partnerships
This training program is funded by Goodwill of Greater Washington and a combination of generous public and private support.