Goodwill Contract Services has been promoting environmental responsibility with our customers for many years, and as the buildings we work and live in become more efficient and air tight, the need to understand indoor environmental conditions increases. How we clean and the materials we use have a direct impact on indoor air quality which affects the health of our customers (building occupants) and our employees.
A true Green cleaning program consists of using more than just environmentally friendly chemicals, which is why we utilize a complete housekeeping program that improves the health and safety of the facilities that we service, while having minimal impact on our environment.
Goodwill of Greater Washington’s complete green cleaning program consists of:
- Project Managers and Supervisors that are Certified Green Housekeeping Professionals (by Rochester Midland Corporation)
- Utilization of cost-effective Green Seal® and EcoLogoTM certified chemicals, paper products, and trash liners
- Use of super-concentrated cleaners that decrease the amount of materials & energy used during manufacturing and distribution (source reduction)
- Cleaning chemicals, tools, and equipment made from recycled, renewable, and bio-based materials
- Support of the U.S. Green Building Council’s (USGBC) Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED), and LEED-EB (for existing buildings)
Cleaning for health, not only appearance, benefits our customers, our employees, and our Earth!