What is Goodwill's mission?
To provide job training services to people with disadvantage and disabilities.
- Where are your Donation Centers?
Click here for a complete list of our attended Donation Center locations and hours of operations.
- Where are your Retail Stores?
Click here for a complete list of our Retail Store locations and hours of operations.
- Will my donations benefit people in the Washington, DC area?
Yes, all donations made to Goodwill of Greater Washington support job training programs for people with disadvantages and disabilities here in the greater Washington, DC area.
- Can I make a cash donation to Goodwill?
Goodwill of Greater Washington gladly accepts cash gifts as well as donated goods. To make a cash gift, please click here.
- What types of job training programs does Goodwill of Greater Washington offer?
GGW offers training in Green Construction, and Career Navigation at different times of year. Check the Training Program Calendar for program dates.
- How can I register for one of your job training programs?
Click here or contact Goodwill at 202-636-4225 for information on our programs and how to register.
- Where are your training program sites?
GGW has two career campuses. One at 2200 South Dakota Avenue, NW in Washington, DC and another at 10 S. Glebe Road in Arlington , VA.
- Does Goodwill accept computer donations?
Yes, GGW accepts any computer, working or not. All computers are reused or recycled through the Dell Reconnect program eliminating the possibility that any donation to Goodwill will go into a local landfill.
- What types of donations will Goodwill NOT accept?
Please click here for a complete list of the types of items GGW can and cannot accept.
- If I lose my donation receipt, will Goodwill replace it?
We can provide replacement receipts on a case by base basis. Call Goodwill at 202-636-4225 if you lost a receipt.
- How much can I write off on my taxes for my donation of used goods?
That depends upon the amount of the donation. Click here for a for a guide to estimate your donation's value.
- Do I need an independent appraisal for my donation of used goods?
You will need an independent appraisal and an IRS form 8283 if you are claiming a donation of $500 or more. If you'd like to obtain independent appraisals for items you believe to be valued over $500, visit: http://www.appraisalfoundation.org/
- Does Goodwill do home pickups?
We do a limited amount of FREE home pickups due to a small fleet of trucks and the high cost of fuel. However, we have partnered with a third party hauling company for a PAID 48hr priority pick-up service.
- Does Goodwill accept vehicle donations?
GGW gladly accepts all types of vehicle donations, regardless of condition or type of vehicle. Click here for more information on making a vehicle donation to Goodwill.
- Does Goodwill have a volunteer program?
Goodwill always needs volunteers to assist at its donation sites, retail stores, production centers and administrative offices. If you're interested in volunteering for Goodwill call 202-636-4225 or email
- How can I find a job working for Goodwill?
If you're interested in working for Goodwill, call 202-636-4225 and ask for our HR department. Otherwise, you can click here for a complete list of open positions at Goodwill of Greater Washington.
Frequently Asked Questions