Goodwill of Greater Washington in association with Northern Virginia Community College is offering a FREE 5 week training program for unarmed security, with the opportunity to earn college credits.
This program will deliver the knowledge and skills necessary to pursue a career in Security and Protective Services. Successful graduates of the program are eligible to receive job placement assistance by Goodwill’s workforce development professionals.
Application sessions for this class are held every Tuesday and Thursday at the Arlington Career Center and must be completed for consideration.
- Download the Security & Protective Services Training Program Flyer
- Security & Protective Services Program Calendar
Upon successful completion, you can earn:
• College credits from NOVA, towards a degree or certificate
• Extensive knowledge of Security and Protective Services
• The skills and abilities to deliver outstanding customer service for Security employers
• Certification required by the State of Virginia for unarmed security jobs
• Certification for CPR and First Aid
• Job placement assistance
Requirements to qualify:
• At least 18 years of age or older
• High school diploma / GED or at least 5 years of verifiable work experience
• Virginia resident for minimum of 12 months
• Pass drug screen
• Ability to read, write & speak English
• No felony convictions or criminal history, and pass background and criminal check
• Proof of ability to work in the United States
• Women, Minorities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Application sessions for this class are held every Tuesday and Thursday at 1:00pm at the Arlington Career Center and must be completed for consideration.
Schedule An Interview/ Application Session:
For more information please contact:
|Arlington Career Center
10 South Glebe Road
(703) 769 - 3712
|< Prev||Next >|