Vice President, Retail Services Transwestern
Vice President, Retail Leasing
Transwestern, Washington, D.C. June 2005 - present
- Work in retail group to effectively market designated properties and clients.
- Pursue new business opportunities, identify new area for growth, prospect, market analysis, site surveys, RFP response, negotiation of letter of intent, lease analysis, financial review of prospective tenants, lease drafting, and lease negotiations.
- Currently represent landlords with over 60,000 SF of retail space for lease
- Represented local, regional, national and franchise firms as well as publicly traded companies in space requirements. Can provide Deal Sheet.
- Posses highly developed verbal and written communication skills and ability to work independently.
- High energy, team player and proven sales ability.
Network Nation, McLean, Virginia, 2001-2005
- Originated and launched a WiFi firm that provides wireless Internet access to family entertainment venues. (Incorporated 12/18/02)
- Successfully marketed and captured new business in over 12 nationwide locations in 18 months.
- Prospected, sold and partnered with various advertisers to increase on-line revenue opportunities
- Built a viable business, positioned for merger with competitor.
Regional Program Manager
Ernst & Young, Washington, D.C., 2000-2001
- Directed and executed the "Entrepreneur of the Year" Program, one of the largest regional business events that recognizes and awards entrepreneurs in the local Washington, D.C. business community. Recruited and managed a three-member team.
- Prospected, identified, and sold corporate sponsorship packages valued at $50,000 to $100,000 per package.
- Hired public relations firm; point of contact for media relations and major newspaper, specialty media, and national magazine outlets.
- Managed and organized all sponsor participation and as account supervisor for all sales and marketing activities.
- Orchestrated hotel and accommodation contracts, hospitality, registration, elaborate video and audio-visual production, speakers, and presenters. Wrote speeches for senior executives.
Director of Business Development
Beatley Gravitt Communications, Washington, D.C., 1997-1999
- Established and opened the Washington, D.C. office of a leading communications firm that produces annual reports and financial communications.
- Developed territory from zero clients to over 20, consistently exceeding sales goals. Generated annual revenue is excess of $750,000
- Teamed with clients to identify and promote organizational messages that reflected their position and priorities through award-winning reports.
- Coordinated full annual report life cycle, interacting with senior management, writers, photographers, editors, and designers.
McLean Associates, McLean, Virginia, 1992-1997
- Cultivated and built clientele for startup organization providing public relations, marketing, community relations, and communications services to foundations and organizations in the commercial real estate and technology industries.
Associate PublisherNew Dominion Magazine, Arlington, Virginia, 1987-1990
- Spearheaded outreach initiatives for new magazine. Acted as liaison between advertisers, media, and editorial staff.
- Directed the community relations initiative, fostering key relationships with business, civic, and governmental organizations.
Marketing and Sales
Regardies Magazine, Washington, D.C., 1983-1987
- Sold real estate advertising for a specialty business publication
- Consistent top producer
Bachelor of Arts in Communications, Ohio University, Athens, Ohio
Real Estate License in Virginia, Maryland and The District of Columbia
CCIM Institute Certification
Introduction to Commercial Investment Real Estate Analysis 1/2006
Financial Analysis for Commercial Investment Real Estate. 2/2006
ICSC, WIRRE, Arlington County Retail Task Force, Board of Directors, Greater Washington Goodwill
I live in Arlington with an old hound dog named Winnie. I have two great kids in college. I am a nativeWashingtonian.