Catherine Meloy is the President and CEO of Goodwill of Greater Washington (Goodwill). Catherine Meloy serves as President and CEO of Goodwill of Greater Washington and the Goodwill Excel Center. She was selected in 2003 by the Goodwill Board of Trustees as a proven business leader who could dramatically extend the reach and vitality of the organization and enable it to serve an even broader segment of the disabled and disadvantaged community. Prior to joining Goodwill of Greater Washington, Catherine had a successful 20 year management career in the radio industry.
Over the past 12 years, Goodwill has grown to over 800 associates; 15 retail stores; annual revenues of $42M, which include nine government janitorial contracts. In further serving and expanding the mission of Goodwill, the first adult diploma charter high school has been granted by the DC Public Charter School Board to Goodwill to open in the fall of 2016 under the title of the Goodwill Excel Center.
Catherine’s involvement in the greater Washington community includes:
- Board of Directors, Greater Washington Board of Trade
- Board of Directors, Federal City Council
- Board of Directors, DC Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors of MedStar Health
- Board of Directors of SourceAmerica
- Member of the DC Workforce Investment Council
- Member of the Northern Virginia Workforce Investment Board
- In January 2016, Catherine was elected to the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
Catherine is a recipient of the Greater Washington Board of Trade’s “Leader of the Years Award“; was honored by Washingtonian Magazine as “Washingtonian of the Year“; was inducted into the American Marketing Association-DC Chapter Hall of Fame and was highlighted as a Most Admired CEO by Smart CEO Magazine for her successful organizational turnaround of Goodwill of Greater Washington.
She and her husband, David, who is President of Merit Hotels, live in Annapolis, Maryland and have three grown children.