DC Hospitality Jobs Training Program Summary
The Workforce Investment Council (WIC) Hospitality Jobs Training Program prepares individuals for work in entry-level jobs at area hotels such as housekeeping, front desk, cashiers, hosts, stewards, servers, security, and more.
This 6.5 week hospitality jobs training program takes place at select University of the District of Columbia Community College Campus.
What is the Hospitality Jobs Training Program Like?
As of February 2015, The Washington Marriott Marquis reported a 77 percent retention rate among District residents who had been hired through the training program conducted by Goodwill of Greater Washington.
Why you should apply:
- No Cost to District Residents
- Earn 2 Industry Credentials:
- AHLEI Skills, Tasks, & Results (START)
- Guest Service Gold
- A Transportation Stipend Will Be Provided (based on attendance)
- Metro Accessible Location
- Classes Led by Industry Professionals
- Computer Training
- Personalized Job Placement Support
*Course Information Subject to Change
- Front Desk
- And More!
The DC Hospitality Training Program is Closed to New Registrations
If you are interested in a career in hospitality, we are still taking applicants for our Arlington Hospitality Jobs Training Program.
Arlington Hospitality Jobs Training Program
This Training Program is Funded by Goodwill Goodwill Retail Stores and Generous Community Partners.
- DC Residency
- Must Have a High School Diploma or GED
- Current DC Government Issued Photo Identification
- SECOND PROOF OF RESIDENCY
- Legally Eligible to Work in the U.S.
- Must Meet Income Requirements
- Must Successfully Complete Enrollment Interview
- Must be 18 Years of Age or Older
- Meet CASAS Score Requirements
- Complete a Math & Reading Assessment
- Background Screening
- Must Pass Multiple Drug Screenings
- Must Be Able and Available to Work some Holidays, Weekends and Evenings
- Must Be Able to Complete an 6.5 week Training Program
Documentation must indicate name of applicant and DC address.
- Recent utility bill within 30 days (i.e. (gas, water, electric-excludes cable, telephone cell phone, and credit card statements)
- 2012-2014 lease agreement
- Mortgage statement issued within 30 days
- 2013 SSI/SSDI benefit letter
- TANF/Food stamps verification letter
- 2012 W-2
- 2013 Child Support Letter
- Unemployment insurance verification issued within 30 days
- Letter from transitional housing facility or shelter within 30 days
- Recent paystub within 30 days