Workforce Investment Council Hospitality Jobs Training Program Summary
The WIC (Workforce Investment Council) Hospitality Jobs Training Program prepares individuals for work in entry-level jobs at area hotels such as housekeeping, front desk, cashiers, hosts, stewards, servers, security, and more.
This 11-week hospitality jobs training program takes place at select University of the District of Columbia Community College Campus.
Why you should apply:
- No Cost to District Residents
- Earn 2 Industry Credentials:
- AHLEI Skills, Tasks, & Results (START)
- Guest Service Gold
- A Transportation Stipend Will Be Provided (based on attendance)
- Metro Accessible Location
- Classes Led by Industry Professionals
- Computer Training
- Personalized Job Placement Support
*Course Information Subject to Change
Start a career in hospitality:
- Front Desk
- And More!
Interested in the WIC Hospitality Jobs Training Program?
Fill out the following form to start the WIC Hospitality Jobs Training Program application process. (*Required Field)
- DC Residency
- Must Have a High School Diploma or GED
- Current DC Government Issued Photo Identification
- SECOND PROOF OF RESIDENCY
- Legally Eligible to Work in the U.S.
- Must Meet Income Requirements
- Must Successfully Complete Enrollment Interview
- Must be 18 Years of Age or Older
- Meet CASAS Score Requirements
- Complete a Math & Reading Assessment
- Background Screening
- Must Pass Multiple Drug Screenings
- Must Be Able and Available to Work some Holidays, Weekends and Evenings
- Must Be Able to Complete an 11-week Training Program
ACCEPTABLE SECONDARY PROOF OF RESIDENCY
Documentation must indicate name of applicant and DC address.
- Recent utility bill within 30 days (i.e. (gas, water, electric-excludes cable, telephone cell phone, and credit card statements)
- 2012-2014 lease agreement
- Mortgage statement issued within 30 days
- 2013 SSI/SSDI benefit letter
- TANF/Food stamps verification letter
- 2012 W-2
- 2013 Child Support Letter
- Unemployment insurance verification issued within 30 days
- Letter from transitional housing facility or shelter within 30 days
- Recent paystub within 30 days